Monday, April 26, 2010

This is Charmaine, an inspiration


This is Charmaine my sister, my best friend and now my guardian angel. There are not enough words to describe my sister. She was an inspiration to all who knew her. Her story is one of triumph. A single mother with a heart of gold, Charmaine was diagnosed in 1987 at the age of 32 with Breast Cancer. The doctors told her she possibly had 5 years to live with 3 small children at home, she told them it just was not enough time. So she fought and was in remission until 1999 when her cancer returned. Yet, she continued to fight. Throughout the past ten years, we've watched he survive mets to the bone, liver, & finally the brain. Charmaine passed away March 8, 2010 surrounded by her family. Charmaine would tell you she cheated this disease for the past 23 years, but I still say she survived. I miss my sister every day, but she had a saying she used whether she was talking about our Thanksgiving dinner, going for surgery, or just going for a walk: "I'm good to go!" and now so am I. I want this fundraiser to benefit those who are living with this disease in their family and for them to realize that they too are "GOOD TO GO!!" because her 23 year battle should not be in vain. What Charmaine's body and mind could no longer do her spirit soars to accomplish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment