Thursday, April 22, 2010

Green light!

Before I've even had a chance to introduce the inspriation(s) behind our effort, I have an update. We got the official "go ahead" from our Village Events Planning Committee this morning!! What a pleasant experience...the members were so supportive and helpful. We felt welcomed and validated by this group. Aside from asking the necessary questions, they provided helpful suggestions and wished us nothing but the best. Moments like this help me realize the true nature of most people and the desire of others to make a difference. It helps us move forward with excitement and purpose. Thank you, Village of Arlington Heights! Now we know it's really going to happen, it's exciting and a little scary. Once again, I just need to remind myself of the reason for this race. One thing is for sure (as my running partners and I now like to say), "this isn't your ordinary bake sale".

1 comment:

  1. Calorie-free! Nice job, ladies!
    Now it's time to really roll up the sleeves...

    ReplyDelete