Monday, April 9, 2012

Why, you ask?

Believe me, I've asked myself that same question about this same time for the last three years. Why all the time spent meeting, getting sponsors, food, raffle sponsors and even participants? I always come up with the same answer. I do for this for my MOM, Bonnie's SISTERS, Kelly's MOM, Lesley's MOM, SARAH and so many MORE! I do this because I don't want anyone else to have to go through what we've all experienced. The pain, heartbreak, the feeling of being able to do nothing but watch. There has to be something we can do and that is what the four of us are doing. WE are raising money for the foundation we believe, and Sarah believed, can make a difference. Even if it's ONE person, ONE life at a time.

The four of us were brought together for a reason. We became running partners for a reason. We all went throught watching a loved one battle breast cancer for a reason. This is what the four of us were meant to do together.

I kind of look at it like this. People always say that after having one child why would you ever do that again. Endure pregnancy and labor and delivery. The answer is because the outcome far out weighs anything else. After each race the outcome is way too awesome to not do it again. So, here we are doing it again and again the outcome is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment